All Webtopia iPhone Apps have been tested extensively against a number of devices. There is an ever increasing number of devices now using apps from the iTunes App Store. These different devices also run on many different versions of the Operating System. Due to this fact it is impossible to test against every combination of device and operating system. This may result in bugs being discovered from time to time. However before reporting a bug there are a number of things that you can try that may help resolve the issue. This technique can be used on any app that may not be working correctly.
1. Restart the App
Starting from version 4.0 of the operating system (iOs 4.0) apple introduced multitasking. What this means is when you close an app it can still be running in the background. If an app becomes corrupted you can try shutting it down by doing the following;
- Double press the home button. (This will bring up a list of apps still running in the background.)
- Press and hold the app having problems for a few seconds until the minus (-) sign appears.
- Press the minus sign. (This will shut down the app.)
- You can then start it again and hopefully the problems will have been resolved.
2. Upgrade to the latest version of the iOS
New features are being introduced in every new version of the iOS. If you are having problems it may be because you are running an older version. Try the following;
- Plug your device into your computer and run iTunes.
- Find your device in the list of devices on the left.
- In the summary tab choose "Check for Update".
- Following the instructions and wait for the update to be installed.
3. Download the app again from the App store
Sometimes a bad connection can cause a problem when the app is being downloaded. You can download it again from the app store for free (provided you use the same account). This may resolve the issue. Steps;
- Touch the app you want to delete and hold it down until the cross appears in the top left corner
- Press the cross and select delete
- Load the app store and search for the app.
- Install the app.
- YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED A SECOND TIME
4. Report the problem to Webtopia
If you are still having a problem with your Webtopia iPhone App then contact us and we will fix the problem in the next update. When contacting us we will need to know what device you are using and on what version of the operating system. This will help us resolve the issue.
Last Updated (Sunday, 27 February 2011 07:42)